"one dive" printout - not correct HTML interpretion for dive from planner

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 12:43:47 PST 2015

On 15 November 2015 at 10:24, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Rick, hi All,
>
> Am 14.11.2015 um 22:39 schrieb Rick Walsh:
>
> On 15 November 2015 at 04:23, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 November 2015 at 14:34, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > again a item where I would like to ask you for improvement:
>> > When adding a dive with the planner, the planner puts the runtime and
>> > additional info into the notes with some nice HTML formating.
>> >
>> > When I try to export or print this, the HTML is not interpreted any more
>> > and
>> > the notes are impossible to read. Example attached.
>> >
>> > Subsurface 4.5.2
>> > Windows 10 Home, Version 1511 ;-)
>> > German language
>> >

> Thanks for testing and sharing your feedback.
>>

>> actually the image you provided shows that the HTML tags are not
>> converted to plain text, which is a bug.
>> but i cannot reproduce it with English or German languages (see
>> attachment).
>>
>> that's odd...
>>
> The commit that strips the HTML tags from the text on printing was
> 97e53649fd140afa5bb721d87063b7808d8da44f
> (http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/index.cgi?p=subsurface.git;a=commitdiff;h=97e53649fd140afa5bb721d87063b7808d8da44f),
> and doesn't look like it made it into the latest stable (4.5.2) release,
> which Stefan is using.
>
> Using the latest daily, I tried to recreate your planned dive (VPMB +3,
> altitude 400m, salinity 1.03 kg/l, 9m/min descent, ascent rates of 9m/min,
> 3m/min, 3m/min and 1m/min, min 5min gas change), and attached the output.
> You can see that the HTML formatting codes have been removed.
> Unfortunately, so have the table line breaks, so the output is far from
> ideal.
>
> Thanks for having a look at this.
> I agree that the HTML formating is not that important for the moment but the
> missing line breaks make the runtime on the printout almost useless.
> Do you think it would be possible to keep the line breaks while removing the
> HTML?

i found a way to print the planned dive's HTML in the notes, but it
looks bad because it's styled for the screen and does not work well
with the printing templates!
the line breaks can work with a simple hack, but you will have to
update your templates manually because we don't have a method to
update them in your user folder - i.e. we don't "diff" them for user
changes.

> Meanwhile I also found the "other" option to print the runtime directly from
> the planner window. Using this option the format is good save the last line
> with funny characters (see attachment). But it doesn't support the feature
> to have dive graph plus runtime in one printout.

no, the dive graph is something i've just added in the planner
printout. see attachment.
patches for that are one the way...

the "funny characters" was a bug and i've just sent a patch for it.
thanks for spotting that.

lubomir