"one dive" printout - not correct HTML interpretion for dive from planner

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 02:23:27 PST 2015

On 15 November 2015 at 10:24, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Rick, hi All,
>
> Am 14.11.2015 um 22:39 schrieb Rick Walsh:
>
> On 15 November 2015 at 04:23, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 November 2015 at 14:34, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > again a item where I would like to ask you for improvement:
>> > When adding a dive with the planner, the planner puts the runtime and
>> > additional info into the notes with some nice HTML formating.
>> >
>> > When I try to export or print this, the HTML is not interpreted any more
>> > and
>> > the notes are impossible to read. Example attached.
>> >
>> > Subsurface 4.5.2
>> > Windows 10 Home, Version 1511 ;-)
>> > German language
>> >

> Thanks for testing and sharing your feedback.
>>

>> actually the image you provided shows that the HTML tags are not
>> converted to plain text, which is a bug.
>> but i cannot reproduce it with English or German languages (see
>> attachment).
>>
>> that's odd...
>>
> The commit that strips the HTML tags from the text on printing was
> 97e53649fd140afa5bb721d87063b7808d8da44f
> (http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/index.cgi?p=subsurface.git;a=commitdiff;h=97e53649fd140afa5bb721d87063b7808d8da44f),
> and doesn't look like it made it into the latest stable (4.5.2) release,
> which Stefan is using.
>
> Using the latest daily, I tried to recreate your planned dive (VPMB +3,
> altitude 400m, salinity 1.03 kg/l, 9m/min descent, ascent rates of 9m/min,
> 3m/min, 3m/min and 1m/min, min 5min gas change), and attached the output.
> You can see that the HTML formatting codes have been removed.
> Unfortunately, so have the table line breaks, so the output is far from
> ideal.
>
> Thanks for having a look at this.
> I agree that the HTML formating is not that important for the moment but the
> missing line breaks make the runtime on the printout almost useless.
> Do you think it would be possible to keep the line breaks while removing the
> HTML?

so, the current "master" branch of Git supports line breaks in the
notes and also a profile image in the "Plan Dive->Print" option.
for the line breaks to work, you should:

- request a Windows daily build or wait for it to appear here having
today's date:
https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/
- go to c:\users\<name>\appdata\roaming\subsurface and delete
"printing_templates" unless you have already modified files in
there!!!
(the Subsurface template change is described here
https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/commit/1d4075f368cd688af89211226df182052fbaf512)

install the new daily installer, which should write the new templates
in the "printing_templates" folder.

> Unfortunately playing with this showed me another issue in Subsurface:
> Neither altitude nor salinity selected in the planner are saved correctly
> into the divelog file.
> So if I for my dive:
> - Set to 400m/1.02kg/l
> - Save dive in planner and exit planner
> - Save logbook file
> - Close Subsurface
> - Restart Subsurface
> - Edit dive in planner
> --> Values are reset to 0m/1.03kg/l

if you find a bug, register with our bug tracker and log the steps to
reproduce the issue:
http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/

lubomir