[dirk at hohndel.org: updates towards 4.5]

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:40:08 PDT 2015

> On 08 Oct 2015, at 6:52, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>>
>> So I think Robert got this to work... since we have a few others on Mac,
>> maybe a post to the mailing list with a "what to do after you upgrade to
>> El Capitan" would be useful :-)
>
> I don’t know what in the end solved 2) but for me it works after
>
> a) I make sure the „command line tools“ are updated as well and I ran Xcode once to „install additional components“ whatever that is.

xcode-tools —install
Apparently during the upgrade it ignores that you have Xcode installed so that has to be fixed manually.
This also fixes #1.

> b) I updated Qt to 5.5 (since problem 2) seems cmake related).

Already had QT5.5 installed, no issues there.

> c) I deleted my source tree and got a new one (git clone subsurface and running the build script)

Same here, why do we have to nuke the entire source tree after every xcode upgrade????
But after that it builds correctly.

> Finally, there was a problem that libxml/tree.h was not found (and that might be similar to your problem 1). That I could solve with
>
> export CPATH=/usr/local/include/
>
> (and from long ago I still have a symlink
>
> ln -s /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml /usr/local/include
>
> And then it builds.
>
> Best
> Robert

/Jocke