Subsurface 4.5 (Win10) crash after adding dive with planner

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 13:23:31 PDT 2015

On 17 October 2015 at 21:55, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Subsurface team, hallo Dirk,
>
> reported the following issue to Dirk today and he already had a first look
> at it:
> Unfortunately the new subsurface 4.5 under Win10 on my side immediately
> crashes during startup after I added a new dive with the planner.
> In fact it already crashed during adding the dive in the planner multiple
> times but I once managed to save the change.
>
> Now Subsurface crashes immediately on startup because the affected file
> "Stefan.xml" is the default logbook file and loaded on startup.
>
> Dirk is saying that there is nothing remarkable in my file and he couldn't
> reproduce the issue on his side.
> Can share the file also with anyone else who would be so kind to look at
> the issue. Thanks!

hello,

you can send me the XML file in a private email so that i can debug locally.
the crash indicates that we are making a bad call in the standard C library
- e.g. a SIGSEGV due to a strdup(), memmove() etc.

can you also send me the following DLL (it should be less than 1 MB):
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll

thanks.
lubomir