Cannot download Shearwater Petrel 2 Memory Dump

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 00:26:05 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm not able to download the libdivecomputer dumpfile for my Shearwater
Petrel 2.  It fails with 'Dive data import error' being displayed by
Subsurface.  This occurs with both the native Bluetooth interface, as well
as the rfcomm method.

This happens for me on both Fedora 22 and Windows 10.  The Petrel 2
firmware is v29 (current).

Using the native Bluetooth interface, the following message is displayed in
the terminal when Subsurface is run with -v -v option.
qt.bluetooth.bluez: void QBluetoothSocketPrivate::_q_readNotify() 21 error:
-1 "Resource temporarily unavailable"

This message doesn't occur with the rfcomm method (it doesn't use the qt
Bluetooth calls).

I cannot download a dumpfile with the libdivecomputer universal tool either.

I can download a dumpfile with my backup computer (Hollis DG03, uses ftdi
USB connection).  I also have no trouble downloading dive logs from the
Petrel.

Can anyone confirm the bug with a Petrel 2 or any other Shearwater, or HW
OSTC?

I normally have no reason to get the memory dump - I only came across this
because I was trying to give a friend instructions to get a memory dump
from a Shearwater Predator for data testing, and thought I should test it
myself.

Cheers,

Rick