Grantlee on Mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 5 07:51:52 PDT 2015

On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 01:18:58AM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 4 September 2015 at 23:28, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > So I think I have figured it out. XCode 4.x miscompiles Grantlee.
>
> are only the plugins somehow bogus?
> i wonder if all Qt plugin compiled with that XCode 4.x don't work
> (e.g. via QPluginLoader).
> if that's the case it could be a metacompiler issue or something which
> makes no sense.

No - as far as I can tell all of other plugins work. And once all the mess
is cleaned up, the Grantlee plugins load as well. But the template logic
for the meta types doesn't work.

> perhaps we should try cooking up a closed test case and isolating the issue.

Trust me. I tried. It's not that easy. And I can't reliably reproduce a
working version, either :-(

> > If I replace  the shared library and plugins that were built with XCode
> > 4.6 with the corresponding files built with XCode 6.x then printing
> > appears to work.

Well, this appears to be only part of the answer. :-(
I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I sometimes get working
printing and other times (most of the time) don't.