SubSurface Crash When changing a gas in diveplanner graph

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 05:01:48 PDT 2015

On 11 September 2015 at 12:06, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I was playing with the dive planner, Bühlmann, and when trying to change a
> gas within the
> graph by right clicking and selecting EAN I got a crash with ...
>
> ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::operator[]: "index out of range", file
> /Users/glerch/Qt/5.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qvector.h, line
> 401

i can get the planner to crash with the following steps on Windows:
- new divelog
- plan dive
- (+) new gas @"Available gases"
- set He% to something - e.g. N=30
- icon for gas change appears on the profile for one of the points
- right click the point and select the thingy different from AIR (e.g. 21/N)

<micro rant engaged>
no stack trace from GDB, so i won't be able to help much without
staring at the code for hours.
what i can say is that these "out of range" bugs are very hard to
debug on Windows and that we had *way too many* of them already in the
profile and equipment tabs. fixed 4-5 of them myself.

for the authors - more range checks here and there won't hurt.

lubomir