Subsurface-mobile port to Kirigami 1.0

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Fri Apr 1 14:17:03 PDT 2016

On Freitag, 1. April 2016 16:02:10 CEST you wrote:

> > is familiar with a similar component in ios and currently going in/out the
> > edit mode changes the whole screen "magically" without any transition,
> > that is usually not recommended in mobile applications.
>
> Not sure I understand what you are saying here, can you try again - it
> looks like maybe a part of the sentence got lost editing?

Let me chime in, I think know what he meant (knowing Marco, I know that this
is not a lost part of the sentence, but an artifact of Italian-English, just
add a "This" at the beginning ;) ).
What he meant was that the dialog "sheet" in Kirigami is modeled after a
common iOS component. The difference is, though, that this dialog on iOS
visibly moves over the content from the bottom when opened, making it clear
that it can be dismissed again by pushing it down.
On Subsurface, on the other hand, there is no visual transition between the
normal view and the edit view. This is what makes it unexpected that it can pe
flicked away.

The recommendation is to use the sheet with the animation, in order to have a
clear transition between both modes.