VPM-B Tissue Graph

John Van Ostrand john at vanostrand.com
Sat Apr 9 12:41:19 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm examining the differences between Bühlmann and VPM-B and I noticed an
oddity with the individual tissue graph on the planning profile and for
actual dive profiles. The dive starts with supersaturated tissues.

Look at the attached screen captures. I expected to see the green and blue
tissues to start below the grey line (ambient) but clearly they start
supersaturated, the fast tissue is at maximum supersaturation. During the
dive the tissues don't change. Also (not shown) you'll see that the ceiling
changes as per gradient factor configuration.

This isn't how the Bühlmann tissues chart. Should I be expecting this to
chart like Bühlmann or is VPM-B that different that a chart isn't relevant?

To reproduce use 4.5.4.11, open the Planner, select VPM-B -0 and turn on
tissue graph. A default dive profile should show the problem.

Also the Shearwater-like tissue graph in the information box reflects bad
information too, 10 seconds into the dive it shows near maximum saturation.

[image: Inline image 1]
[image: Inline image 2]

--
John Van Ostrand