Subsurface-mobile status update

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Aug 14 08:52:58 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 05:42:02PM +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> > Am 14.08.2016 um 17:17 schrieb Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org>:
> >
> > OK, that's good. Thanks, Robert.
> >
> > Now the question is "do you want to pay the extortion fee to Apple to
> > become a developer?" if yes, I think I should be able to somehow add you
> > to the Subsurface team and hopefully we can both create working signed
> > binaries…
>
> I have already paid the fee (not realizing you don’t need it if you only
> want to deploy to your own device). My appleID is helling at atdotde.de

Now I need to figure out how to add you to the team and how all that
works. But having a second person who can create these builds would be so
totally worth it!

> > What I find interesting, though, is that for me on my new laptop I wasn't
> > able to create working binaries. The fact that you were able to do so
> > means that maybe I should just blow away the whole development tree there
> > and start from scratch and maybe things will work.
> >
> > Which version of Qt are you working with?
>
> I am still on Qt 5.5 (which also means that may of the QWebEngine things
> are not there, yet. But that’s another story. I had 5.6 installed at
> some point but for some reason I cannot remember moved it away). I
> should probably soon go to 5.7.

So 5.7 is completely broken for me when trying to build for iOS. I filed a
bug that was closed (without fixing the problem), I re-opened it but I
haven't seen activity on it. So I'd recommend 5.6

> At which stage did you fail? I have to change one item in Info.plist.in
> to say I am me and not you, though. Is there anything I should try
> first?

When I ran the .ipa on device, it fails to create a RootObject (I posted
about this several weeks ago)