punch list for public beta of Subsurface-mobile for Android

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 11:17:35 PST 2016

On 5 February 2016 18:53:36 GMT+00:00, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 10:32:07AMr -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>
>> > On hitting the Save button, it drops out of edit mode, but the
>keyboard stays on screen until hitting the back button. Is there a
>missing dismissal of the keyboard?
>>
>> Hmm. I can't hit save without closing the keyboard first... so how
>did you
>> manage to do that? And yes, of course, that should close the keyboard
>as
>> well.
>
>Can you try the latest build (-774) which tries to make sure the
>keyboard
>is always closed when we leave edit mode
>
>/D

This works as expected. I tend to use Samsung's floating mini keyboard, as the screen is big enough.
I mentioned the menu entries referring to the DC download (and possibly Developer) entry, as I hadn't noticed the DC entry is already gone!
On a bit more thorough testing, I did find that the edit mode stays active on backing up from a dive, until either hitting Save, Cancel, or going into a menu panel that has entry fields. Not a showstopper, but odd behaviour from a user point of view.
--
David Tillotson