Android build -781 (was Android build 775)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 6 06:22:43 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 06, 2016 at 10:09:52AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> A small test with own built -781. Qt 5.5.1.
>
> On 06-02-16 08:00, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 09:05:21PM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >>This contains three interesting changes
> >>
> >>- built with Qt 5.5.0 (I need to re-install 5.5.1 on my server): this
> >>   appears to fix the crashes that the Qt 5.6.0 prerelease based binaries
> >>   exhibited on a couple of older phones.
> No crash.

Well, your own binaries never crashed, right?

> >>- disable deco calculations: this should improve the performance
> >>   especially for long / deep dives
> I see the patch ... but it does not make noticeable difference wit respect
> to performance. No reason to revert though. Less code compiled in is better.

Dang. And I can't get callgrind to work right now (known callgrind bug
than Julien is aware of but hasn't fixed, yet), so I can't easily figure
out where we spend all of our time. Maybe back to gprof :-(

Could you play with that since you see the poor performance and could run
the same dives on the desktop with gprof (or any other similar tool that
works)? Compare what you see for a fast dive and one that takes a lot
longer on the phone...

> >>- fix unreliable edit button
> Waits for the kde-plasma guys to include it upsteam.

My prebuilt APKs have that fix applied already.

> >>Also the keyboard should close when the user exits edit mode.
> Ok, this works. However, something I think is confusing (and has probably
> been in for some time, so no recent regression) is the fact the navigating
> away from a edit mode with one of the back to divelist methods, does not end
> the edit mode. Now, selecting another dive in the divelist brings you back
> to the edit of the still ongoing edit mode of the previous dive. Obviously,
> there is some advantage to this, as you can still save your edit when you
> accidentally navigated away from the edit mode, but I think this confuses
> the average user.

Yes, I think that's wrong. I'll try to fix that.

> >And then there is build 780 which contains a couple more changes
> >
> >- smaller gas change icons
> Like :-)
> >- ability to edit the weight of dives with just one weight system
> Not tested ... don't use weights.

:-)