(final) pre beta test Mobile version -800

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 9 01:58:46 PST 2016

List,

Concentrated my testing on 2 different aspects. Cloud- and save
management, and layout of the DiveEdit screen.

Layout DiveEdit screen: I think Dirk finally did it. Scrolled and
selected all over the place trough my divelist, and the scaling of the
DiveEdit screen is always ok. Tested this on a 5" phone in portrait and
landscape mode, and on an almost stock Samsung 10" tablet (Android
4.1.2) as well in both landscape and portrait.

Cloud- and save management. Also here I can say that it is a big
improvement compared to the flawed logic before. Off line edits work ok.
Multiple cloud account works with 1 (probably) little thing. Let me
elaborate a little. Synced 2 cloud accounts to my phone (my original big
logbook, and ssrftest at hohndel.org test account). Switching between them,
by just entering new credentials as there is no other way, does not
trigger a re-load of the just entered new credentials. Restart of the
app does show the correct list, however. Not a biggy, as I consider the
mobile app a personal thing and the multiple accounts on one device
sounds a little far fetched for me.

A short list of things that I reported over the days that are not
addressed at this point:
- Save of a single dive edit takes longer than expected.
- Longer dives with gas data filled in, and requiring interpolation for
missing gas pressure values because the users divecomputer is not
reporting those takes too much time.
- Refesh in the menu navigates the divelist to a very stange place. Way
down in the list (opened a ticket for this one
(http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/1009)
- opening the "application log" and the DiveEdit at the same time causes
the 2 top-right icons (3 dots, and the edit pencil) to be drawn on top
of each other.

Are these 4 points reason to not start and open beta ... I don't think so.

best,

--jan