new beta and new alpha

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 20 22:21:49 PST 2016

> On Feb 20, 2016, at 8:36 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> A little bit of data validation would be nice.  One dive was to -20m, another I was breathing 50/60, and another EAN120.  Unlikely a real user would enter such values, so not worth holding up a release, but it'd be nice to pick up on impossible values.

Please try -874 (on downloads/daily and in Google Play in a little while)

negative depth and duration are rejected (actually, you can't even enter a '-')
illegal gas mixes are rejected; once again you can't even enter them (but this needs some SERIOUS testing, please - I'd hate to see it reject valid combinations)
some sanity checks on depth (besides no negative values, depths below 500m are silently ignored)

> On one dive, I entered air temperature as 50F, but it was saved as 50C.  Entering depth as 60ft, it was correctly converted to 18.3m.  My locale is metric.

I still cannot reproduce this. Very strange. 50F gives me 10.0°C as one would expect.
But I made it even more flexible and allowed upper and lower case letters. And there isn't even a test for "°" so I have no idea how °F can work and F doesn't...

> I was a bit disappointed not to be able to delete my bogus dives from Subsurface-mobile.  Would that be hard to implement?

This I don't think I'll get to tonight.