latest Android apk

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 06:52:43 PST 2016

On Tuesday, January 05, 2016 08:37:07 AM Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> I think my
> preference would be to get rid of the magic button and have triple bar on
> the left and triple dot on the right as some other mobile apps do. Tapping
> those opens the drawer from the left / drawer from the right.
>
> Yay! A while back I was planning to mention that a standard hamburger menu &
> context menu would be nice, but now I see they are in place.  So much
> better than the swipe button at the bottom.  Thanks!

A note on this: We need this kind of feedback fed back into Plasma. I know
it's mainly my fault right now for not putting enough time into it, but I fear
by monkey-patching out this kind of features, we're making the delta bigger to
a point where the subsurface team ends up maintaining a set of mobile
components that have diverged from the Plasma upstream ones. That's not a
situation that I consider worthwhile spending my time on, and I think it would
be a net-loss to subsurface in the long run.

Basically everything under qt-mobile/qml/mobileocomponents needs to be done
upstream. I'd actually prefer not patching it in subsurface, but feeding the
patches directly through me (or even better the plasma-devel at kde.org). I'd
rather not have to sift through commits that need to be disentangled and
merged upstream in the limited time I can spend on this. A rude way to go
about this is: patching is fair game, but I'll overwrite from upstream without
checking, so we all learn the hard way. (I can see how that's not desirable
for some. :-))

Also feedback about the interaction of the overall navigation needs to be fed
back to the usability team at KDE that is working on it. (I'm happy to forward
feedback to our usability people working on this.) The first version with the
drawer button may not have been perfect, but us monkey-patching it makes it
hard to maintain and impossible to keep track of improvements upstream. That
means we'll end up with a half-assed prototype solution patched to death
without real usability expertise applied.

Sorry if I sound like a buzzkill.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org