latest Android apk

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 07:19:56 PST 2016

On 5 January 2016 at 16:52, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 05, 2016 08:37:07 AM Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> I think my
>> preference would be to get rid of the magic button and have triple bar on
>> the left and triple dot on the right as some other mobile apps do. Tapping
>> those opens the drawer from the left / drawer from the right.
>>
>> Yay! A while back I was planning to mention that a standard hamburger menu &
>> context menu would be nice, but now I see they are in place.  So much
>> better than the swipe button at the bottom.  Thanks!
>
> A note on this: We need this kind of feedback fed back into Plasma. I know
> it's mainly my fault right now for not putting enough time into it, but I fear
> by monkey-patching out this kind of features, we're making the delta bigger to
> a point where the subsurface team ends up maintaining a set of mobile
> components that have diverged from the Plasma upstream ones. That's not a
> situation that I consider worthwhile spending my time on, and I think it would
> be a net-loss to subsurface in the long run.
>
> Basically everything under qt-mobile/qml/mobileocomponents needs to be done
> upstream. I'd actually prefer not patching it in subsurface, but feeding the
> patches directly through me (or even better the plasma-devel at kde.org). I'd
> rather not have to sift through commits that need to be disentangled and
> merged upstream in the limited time I can spend on this. A rude way to go
> about this is: patching is fair game, but I'll overwrite from upstream without
> checking, so we all learn the hard way. (I can see how that's not desirable
> for some. :-))
>
> Also feedback about the interaction of the overall navigation needs to be fed
> back to the usability team at KDE that is working on it. (I'm happy to forward
> feedback to our usability people working on this.) The first version with the
> drawer button may not have been perfect, but us monkey-patching it makes it
> hard to maintain and impossible to keep track of improvements upstream. That
> means we'll end up with a half-assed prototype solution patched to death
> without real usability expertise applied.
>
> Sorry if I sound like a buzzkill.

cd ./qt-mobile/qml
git log --follow --oneline ./mobilecomponents

8e29972 QML-UI: fix black squares on some Android devices
44fd9bf sync with mobilecomponents f4d5d19fc
936c9ce Add more icons
b6f5f23 sync with mobilecomponents 9d8bf6d77d
f8fb918 sync with mobilecomponents 68c6dc9
09bf7fa sync with mobilecomponents e7d789465b9a935ec
b96f202 sync with mobilecomponents 67e73fa85e
609d138 sync with mobilecomponents' d3fa79b50b54
33d589f Add missing icon
e0fc526 Sync with mobilecomponents 54e4f2622a
3d3fce7 Sync to mobilecomponents 67cf594b4ddc
5e5c983 Sync with upstream mobilecomponents
b59cdcd import mobilecomponents

8e29972 is something i suggested to Dirk as a bugfix:
https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/commit/8e299727df0fb1fe4805aedbb496b7b370b12870

no idea how would you solve it while preserving the gamma option upstream.

lubomir