Silly button [was Re: latest Android apk]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 9 12:55:34 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 08:26:35PM +0000, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> > > That's weird. horizontal makes much more sense to me
> >
> > Fine by me. There just currently is two different actions when you
> > swipe horizontally (menu/edit mode bar and switching from details to
> > divelist or log) and when swiping vertically (my notes are small and
> > Nexus 7 fits everything on the screen). Any sensible way to jump to
> > different dive works for me
>
> Most people don't realize, but swiping from the sides (which brings in the
> menu and context action on the left and right) and swiping horizontally in the
> middle of the screen don't clash. I've tested it, and it works fine.
>
> I've that swiping to switch between dives on my disk in a patch series from
> Marco, haven't checked if I pushed it to Dirk for merge into master, but it's
> almost ready for that.

Haven't seen a pull request for this - but from what Marco said on IRC it
sounded really promising.

I'm still working on the GPS functionality of Subsurface-mobile. The way I
implemented this is total crap so I'm rewriting the C++ side almost
completely. But I think we are getting closer to a point where we can open
things up and do an open Beta...