Androind build -900

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 07:59:07 PST 2016

On 1 March 2016 15:35:16 GMT+00:00, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>Apparently I forgot to post about this yesterday. How odd.
>
>Anyway, I implemented Thomas' idea of a timed undo dialog for the
>delete
>action. Please give it some testing. I tried all the scenarios I could
>think of (including deleting the last dive in a trip and then undoing
>that
>delete). The undo stack has depth ONE, so only the last delete can be
>undone and only within 3 seconds of doing so - basically if you do
>nothing, the app does what you told it to do; it deletes the dive. And
>the
>UI isn't blocked by the option to undo, you can just keep going.
>
>I like this user interaction (great work, Thomas), but I want to make
>sure
>I didn't miss anything in the way I implemented it.
>
>/D

I just tried this, and must say that it works well. I couldn't create any scenarios that caused any issues with the delete/undo.
I did find a couple of oddities that may have been there for a while though:
1. Open the bottom dive in the dive list, then go to manually add a dive. The new entry dialog appears pefectly normal, but on saving, it produces an /interesting/ effect (for the wary, with large log files, try selecting a dive a few entries in at the start, rather than the bottom of the list!)
As a simple fix for this, the app should return to the dive list before going into the edit dialog, or not allow adding a dive when a dive is displayed.
2. When editting a dive, if the time is changed, but not the depth, the profile isn't updated.
--
David Tillotson