Androind build -900

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Mar 1 12:10:13 PST 2016

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 11:26:48AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2016 7:35 AM, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> >.   The undo stack has depth ONE, so only the last delete can be
> > undone and only within 3 seconds of doing so - basically if you do
> > nothing, the app does what you told it to do; it deletes the dive.
>
> So the 3 seconds made me wonder, since it sounds fairly short, and the
> "undo timeout" is what the Android Gmail app does too.
>
> The Android Gmail app seems to use a timeout of 7-8 seconds for the undo
> button.
>
> That's not saying that 3s is wrong, but it's a data point.

I started with something longer and that felt weird to me - and it made it
too easy to have multiple deletes pending and that made things worse
(since we quite explicitly support just one undo).

I'm not against making it slightly longer if people feel it's too short,
but when I played with different durations three seconds felt "about
right".

Thomas, do you have research on that?