SV: stack trace for the crash

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 3 13:38:08 PST 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 01:12:35PM -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2016 09:33:58 PST Saether Jan-Arve wrote:
> > I will try to reproduce it here and create a issue for it.
>
> Hello Jan Arve
>
> Did you manage to reproduce it? It's easily reproducible with Subsurface in
> 5.6.0rc, but it's not dissected to a testcase.

While Subsurface is not exactly small and easy to build, I'll be happy to
help anyone trying to track this down.

Basically...

clone latest master of Subsurface from git://subsurface-divelog.org/subsurface
cd subsurface
install the prerequisites listed in INSTALL
bash ./scripts/build.sh -mobile

on a reasonable Linux system this should work fairly smoothly. Please find
me on IRC or email if you run into trouble with that part.
Assuming you have Qt 5.6.0 RC (or something similar) installed as your
active Qt installation and that is picked up correctly by our cmake magic
this should give you a subsurface-mobile executable linked against Qt5.6.0

Please verify with ldd - again, happy to help if you get stuck here.

Now run ./subsurface-mobile

It will ask you for cloud credentails. Enter

ssrftest at hohndel.org
geheim

as credentials.

Click the save icon on the bottom.

you should run into the infinite recursion and crash as it tries to layout
the GridLayout in qt-mobile/qml/DiveDetailsView.qml
(actually, depending on your specific situation, it may require clicking
on a dive in the dive list to create the infinite recursion)

Hope that helps