interesting Kirigami / Qt 5.6 interaction [was Re: Android app -923]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 3 21:22:09 PST 2016

Marco, Sebastian,

If you have a moment, please try the latest -923 version of Subsurface-mobile.apk,
which was built using Qt 5.6.0 RC. Using one of the test accounts, load a dive list,
select a dive and switch to landscape mode.

Observe this crazy effect where only the left half of the screen is used, the right side
stays empty.

You can reproduce something very similar on a desktop as well where a third,
empty page is created to the right of the dive details view. I hacked around the Qt 5.6
crash that Marco ran into today while working on the notification issue, so you should
now be able to use Subsurface-mobile latest master with Qt 5.6.0 RC without a problem.

I tried to create a screen video to demonstrate this but clearly my skill with the
Android screen recording tools is insufficient, but this is so easy to reproduced (I tried
on three different devices), I hope you can just check this for yourself.

Any idea how to fix this? Is this some weird rounding thing where the math goes
wrong and we create an extra page for some odd reason?

Thanks for looking into this

/D