Subsurface-mobile on iOS UI design questions

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Mar 9 10:16:58 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 9 March 2016 17:37:11 CET Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org>
wrote:
> > You can put "Dive list" in the global drawer to quickly go back there if
> > you don't have a context drawer everywhere.
> >
> > So, long story short: The way for going back/cancelling is "Swipe from the
> > left to the right".
> >
> > If there are problems with this in other places, we can find fixes for
> > them.
> the problem it may have in the current version is that horizontal
> swipe is reserved for going to next/previous dive, a test may be done
> to make vertical scrolling between dives instead (and see what
> problems may arise from this)

I know about that, and I have addressed it in my reply. I still believe that
we can work around the conflict without changing either the forward/back
interaction or the previous/next dive interaction.
As can be seen in Peruse, they don't fundamentally exclude each other.

> In the api refactor, also the top bar becomes some kind of breadcrumb,
> that may help as well (if from user tests will reveal itself as being
> a valid interaction model)

Yes, the breadcrumb would be another easy way to go back to the dive list
(thogh it would again be at the hard-to-reach top).