Subsurface-mobile for Android first release

John Smith noseygit at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:45:31 PST 2016

I started with a fresh installation and no local files.

App opens to the login page. Straight forward entering details and doing a credential check. It might be an idea to change the font colour on the status messages as they don't standout at all. Maybe red for error messages?

App informs the user that the cloud is being accessed and it's downloading the dive list - that was 15 minutes ago.  Restarted the app and it took approximately 10 minutes to download a 60 dive database.

Dive list scrolls well and there is only a small lag between clicking on a dive and the dive details being shown.

The left and right slides are a little difficult to use until you are used to the movement required.

Clicking on the pen opens up the edit window, changes are easy to make and the screen returns to the dive window with updated details all correct.

Clicking the dive map correctly opens google map and shows the dive site.

The back button takes me back to the dive list as expected.

Add manual dive - can change time but not date, other than that everything works as expected.

Can't see what the gas mix does as it only ever seems to show air and I can't change it to anything that seems sensible I.e. Nitrox 32 or 15/40 trimix etc. It might be better to remove it from the edit list for now.

Dive details show cylinder information but you can't add cylinders. Not a problem, but worth noting.

Uploading new dive to cloud was equally slow and painful, followed immediate after by a crash

Can't see new dive on desktop version - although developer log says 61 dives on cloud which should be correct - possible bug in desktop? No, after clearing memory and reloading, the dive doesn't reappear indicating that the cloud wasn't correctly updated.

Try again. Worked this time.

It's noticeable that although the access cloud warning has disappeared, the app is still thinking and everything is locked out until this process completes.

Made change on desktop, change seen on app after reopening.

Deleted dive ok. The undo is there a little longer than I would like, but that's a personal thing. Change replicated on desktop ok.

Overall the app is easy to use and reasonably intuitive. The lag in loading and saving is a real bind. It's not a bandwidth issue from my side and the desktop version doesn't have the same delays.

I think that covers most things.

:)

Sent from my iPad