Subsurface-mobile for Android first release

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 11 11:37:30 PST 2016

Marco... HELP

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 08:16:46AM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > But still this does not guarantee that I do not run out of RAM on 5.1.1 because who knows how Android 5.1.1 does memory management compared to Android 4.3? On the S3 the mobile app is rock-solid.
> >
> > I forgot to mention one thing. On both the S3 and the S6 using build 1058, when I delete a dive the undo button does not appear at all.
>
> I will look into this. Yet another show stopper :-(
> Undo really has to work or people will be unhappy.

And indeed we have a show stopper.

I can reproduce this. I added a ton of debug output to the Kirigami
components. We call showPassiveNotification with the right text and
button. The animation is run just as it is when we show the notification
for cloud access (which works). But the delete notification / undo button
never get shown. Then the timer expires and the notification area (which
was never shown) gets hidden and the chance for undo is gone.

This worked just a week or two ago and is now broken. I can reproduce this
both on the desktop and on multiple Android devices.

:-(