Scubapro ALADIN SPORT

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Mar 14 06:40:30 PDT 2016

On 2016-03-14 12:45, Andreas Reschke wrote:
> I've bought a new Dive computer. My dealer gives me a Scubapro ALADIN
> SPORT
> (http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/instruments/computers/products/aladin-sport.aspx)
>
> Now I've ty to connect the MosChip Semiconductor MS7780 4Mbps Fast
> IRDA Adapter to my Fedora 23 Laptop.

So you have an IrDA based interface. In that case, I suspect the Aladin
Sport uses the same communication protocol as the Uwatec Smart/Galileo.
Try selecting one of those models in subsurface.

> [root at hp635 ~]# lsusb
> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 9710:7780 MosChip Semiconductor MCS7780 4Mbps
> Fast IrDA Adapter
> [root at hp635 ~]#
> [root at hp635 ~]# modprobe ircomm
> [root at hp635 ~]# modprobe ircomm_tty
> [root at hp635 ~]# ls /dev/ircomm0
> /dev/ircomm0
> [root at hp635 ~]#
>
> I this the correct device?

No, for IrDA devices, you don't need a serial port.

> With the Subsurface-4.5.3-x86_64.AppImage I can't find my model. Is
> there a generic or  similar model?

I'm not sure what model you are referring too. The vendor/product list
in subsurface contains the dive computer model (e.g. Uwatec Smart), not
the IrDA chipset (e.g. MosChip).

Jef