Scubapro ALADIN SPORT

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Mar 14 08:29:19 PDT 2016

On 14/03/2016 13:45, Andreas Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've bought a new Dive computer. My dealer gives me a Scubapro ALADIN
> SPORT
> (http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/instruments/computers/products/aladin-sport.aspx)
>
> Now I've ty to connect the MosChip Semiconductor MS7780 4Mbps Fast
> IRDA Adapter to my Fedora 23 Laptop.
>

> [root at hp635 ~]# lsusb
> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 9710:7780 MosChip Semiconductor MCS7780 4Mbps
> Fast IrDA Adapter
> [root at hp635 ~]#
> [root at hp635 ~]# modprobe ircomm
> [root at hp635 ~]# modprobe ircomm_tty
> [root at hp635 ~]# ls /dev/ircomm0
> /dev/ircomm0
> [root at hp635 ~]#
>
> I this the correct device?
>
> With the Subsurface-4.5.3-x86_64.AppImage I can't find my model. Is
> there a generic or  similar model?
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Andreas Reschke
It is highly likely that the IrDA interface on the Aladin Sport is
similar to that of the Uwatec Galileo computers. In that case, read the
section on using the Galileo in the Subsurface user manual. This
involved installing the IrDA tools from the Internet. The installation
is simple and works very efficiently for the Galileo. Please, would you
let me know if this mechanism works for the Aladin so that we can update
the user manual?
Kind regards,
willem