Scubapro ALADIN SPORT

Andreas Reschke andreas at rirasoft.de
Tue Mar 15 14:20:12 PDT 2016

Am 14.03.2016 um 16:29 schrieb Willem Ferguson:
> On 14/03/2016 13:45, Andreas Reschke wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've bought a new Dive computer. My dealer gives me a Scubapro ALADIN
>> SPORT
>> (http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/instruments/computers/products/aladin-sport.aspx)
>>

>> Now I've ty to connect the MosChip Semiconductor MS7780 4Mbps Fast
>> IRDA Adapter to my Fedora 23 Laptop.
>>

>> [root at hp635 ~]# lsusb
>> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 9710:7780 MosChip Semiconductor MCS7780 4Mbps
>> Fast IrDA Adapter
>> [root at hp635 ~]#
>> [root at hp635 ~]# modprobe ircomm
>> [root at hp635 ~]# modprobe ircomm_tty
>> [root at hp635 ~]# ls /dev/ircomm0
>> /dev/ircomm0
>> [root at hp635 ~]#
>>
>> I this the correct device?
>>
>> With the Subsurface-4.5.3-x86_64.AppImage I can't find my model. Is
>> there a generic or  similar model?
>>
>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>> Andreas Reschke
> It is highly likely that the IrDA interface on the Aladin Sport is
> similar to that of the Uwatec Galileo computers. In that case, read the
> section on using the Galileo in the Subsurface user manual. This
> involved installing the IrDA tools from the Internet. The installation
> is simple and works very efficiently for the Galileo. Please, would you
> let me know if this mechanism works for the Aladin so that we can update
> the user manual?
> Kind regards,
> willem

Hello there,

I've managed to connect this IRDA-Adapter to Windows 7 on a KVM-Host
(CentOS 7 x86_64). With the Subsurface-Programm under Windows with
Uwatec Galileo Luna I can read all my dive logs from the dive computer.

While reading the dives the IRDA-Adapter shows a red light. With Fedora
23 there is no light. Tomorrow I will try compile the MCS7780 from source.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Reschke

E-Mail: andreas at rirasoft.de