Profile display affected by planning parameters

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Mar 18 05:56:12 PDT 2016

I think this is something we need to look at. See attached image. The
ceiling can not possibly be correct.

Reproduce as follows:

Load dive log.
Starting with preferences->Graph set to, by default, display dive log
profiles with gradient factors 33 and 66.
Make sure the correct GF values are used in displaying profiles and that
ceilings are appropriate.
go to dive planner
set the planning parameters to VPM-B (I use +4)
Hit Cancel to get back to the dive list
Now profile shows VPM-B +4 at top and shows unrealistic ceiling.

I suspect there is some unwanted interaction between the planner and the
normal dive display.

By the way, it would be cool to have an option to select VPM-B in the
Preferences->Graph setup.

A question. How is the ceiling calculated under VPM-B? The ceilings
differ (mostly not too much) between Bühlmann and VPM-B.

Kind reghards,
willem