Profile display affected by planning parameters

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Fri Mar 18 06:24:28 PDT 2016

Willem,

> On 18.03.2016, at 13:56, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Reproduce as follows:
>
> Load dive log.
> Starting with preferences->Graph set to, by default, display dive log profiles with gradient factors 33 and 66.
> Make sure the correct GF values are used in displaying profiles and that ceilings are appropriate.
> go to dive planner
> set the planning parameters to VPM-B (I use +4)
> Hit Cancel to get back to the dive list
> Now profile shows VPM-B +4 at top and shows unrealistic ceiling.
>
> I suspect there is some unwanted interaction between the planner and the normal dive display.
>
> By the way, it would be cool to have an option to select VPM-B in the Preferences->Graph setup.
>
> A question. How is the ceiling calculated under VPM-B? The ceilings differ (mostly not too much) between Bühlmann and VPM-B.

what is going is is: Selecting VPM-B as deco model also selects it for the logbook part for the display of dives. So, this setting should better be in the preferences. On the other hand, you want to be able to access it from within the planner to have control over the differences that choosing the model makes for your plan.

Besides that, I think, everything is fine. As this is a different model to Buehlmann, the ceiling is different, I see no problem there. And it is a strange model, so the fact that there is a (very very shallow) ceiling for a dive with EAN32 to 15m does not really surprise me.

So, I guess, the only thing that needs to be fixed is to make the choice of deco model available in the preferences.

Best
Robert

PS: In the 4.5 branch, the model is not correctly shown in the profile.