Vacations are over :)

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 12:02:43 PDT 2016

So,

As some of you know, I spend my vacations hacking on subsurface and thanks
to Dirk's efforts and my help we managed to finally have a working iOS
build, the first Android version was released and a new patch version was
also released on that time.

I really wanted to get more hackatons like those sometimes. time flies.

Now, my main focus will be on the Statistics, I wanna create something good
and dynamic. with that in mind I downloaded the source code for the Qt's
Plotting Tool - QtCharts, that was just opensourced and already send a
preview here.

The best thing about QtCharts is actually that it's using GraphicsView, the
*same* thing we use on our plotting library for the profile (no, I dont
plan to change our graphics view for QtCharts, before anyone asks, in fact
I think our Graphics library is *way* more flexible than QtCharts), and
they managed to have a coherent sizing on all devices using QGraphicsView,
so this is something that I'll investigate: How they used the QGraphcisView
on QML in a way that it has the correct size for everything anywhere, and
apply that to our profile.

I also discussed a new UI for Subsurface with Dirk and got a OK, it will (I
hope) boost many things that I want for a long time, UI wise. No mockups
yet.

Bye.
Tomaz