subsurface mobile 1.0.4 feedback

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 30 11:25:30 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 03:06:57PM +0200, Rainer Mohr wrote:

> I dont think the user base would be so small...
> But forget the "make list groupable configuration", maybe its better off as
> separate statistics on your dives.
> the popular "Dive Log" app does it in their statistics and the divelogs.de
> iOS app also has this feature (not that I could take the credit for that,
> made by a friend).
> Some screenshots attached to show what I mean. this is actually my primary
> use of the app when I'm traveling... And its pretty cool to see how many
> dives I've done in country x | with buddy y | at spot z

Hmm. Interesting. I keep forgetting that I'm clearly not the target of the
app that I am spending such an obscene amount of time on developing...

> >In a way this is the same as the previous request (at least they sound the
> >same to me). Same answer. Feel free to file trac requests so once we are
> >done with the things that urgently need to be implemented we can come back
> >to this, but for now I don't think that's something I'll be spending time
> >on.
>
> Um, no, I mean just make the whole thing searchable, so it shows me only the
> dives containing what I entered in the search field. I type "Palau" and the
> list just gets reduced to dives contain that phrase.

Yeah, let's file that as an enhanement request. I'm not saying no, I'm
just saying I don't see this as priority to work on. One of the many other
QML developers might take it on :-/