subsurface mobile 1.0.4 feedback

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Wed Mar 30 06:06:57 PDT 2016

Am 30.03.16 um 14:17 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> Ah, the affirmation sandwich... Say some nice, then the devastating
> criticism, then end on a nice note. Well done, Rainer :-)

touché... ;-)
But nothing devastating, it was sincere praise for the app

>> - Grouping feature: I'd like to group my dive list by several things (month
>> >/ year combination, dive sites, countries, trips, etc) and have a count of
>> >that grouping. Similar to the trip grouping now, but configurable. My
>> >typical situation where I like to use the app most: I'm on a liveaboard and
>> >we reached a specific dive spot, where I've been before. I like to group the
>> >list by by dive spot, go to the site where we're about to get wet and flick
>> >through the past dives at this spot to see what i encountered there before
>> >and what to keep in mind. This has also prevented me a few time from signing
>> >up for a dive which was crap the last time i was there:-)
> Hmm. That seems like a very complex feature with extremely small user
> base. And a configuration nightmare. Right now I think I'll call "feature
> creep" on that one. You can do this on the desktop app but I'm not sure
> I'm ready to invest the time and effort to get this to work on the mobile.

I dont think the user base would be so small...
But forget the "make list groupable configuration", maybe its better off
as separate statistics on your dives.
the popular "Dive Log" app does it in their statistics and the
divelogs.de iOS app also has this feature (not that I could take the
credit for that, made by a friend).
Some screenshots attached to show what I mean. this is actually my
primary use of the app when I'm traveling... And its pretty cool to see
how many dives I've done in country x | with buddy y | at spot z

>> >- Filter / search the list for dive spots / countries / locations. A good
>> >place would be to push down the list when at the top to reveal a search box
> In a way this is the same as the previous request (at least they sound the
> same to me). Same answer. Feel free to file trac requests so once we are
> done with the things that urgently need to be implemented we can come back
> to this, but for now I don't think that's something I'll be spending time
> on.

Um, no, I mean just make the whole thing searchable, so it shows me only
the dives containing what I entered in the search field. I type "Palau"
and the list just gets reduced to dives contain that phrase.

Rainer