service outage

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Nov 16 21:31:26 PST 2016

Hi there,

I have been planning a rebuild of my servers for a while now (and no, the outage today has nothing to do with it, nor is it the reason for the changes). Over the next few days (or weeks, depending how much time I find and how smoothly things go) there may be a few smaller outages.

The expectation is that no email should get lost (backup MX server is in place and tested) and hopefully the downtimes for web sites, bug tracker and git server will be fairly short. But given my track record I figured it might be smart to warn people ahead of time... :-)

The end result should be a somewhat more resilient infrastructure with better firewalls and better service isolation in place