Subsurface-mobile status

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 3 11:00:22 PDT 2017

Hi Marco,

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 10:17 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 3, 2017, at 9:07 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Monday 03 April 2017, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> I pulled your latest commit and pushed it to master. A new build is
>>> available in downloads daily, and it includes that additional commit, but
>>> I'm sad to say that it still doesn't actually work. The credential page
>>> still doesn't scroll, and I still don't get a keyboard when tapping on the
>>> entry fields.
>>
>> luckily i managed to reproduce the problem on deskto (seemed to happen only
>> with material as the style of qtquickcontrols)
>> it seems it was an issue of kirigami which i corrected in kirigami master
>
> A new binary is up (same version number, as only Kirigami changed):
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.3.193-arm.apk
>
> I can now enter email and password, the check box works... but there is no action
> button that would allow me to save such data and continue :-(

And instead of just waiting for Marco, I instead looked at the code, added
some debugging printouts and figured out that for some reason the
onVisibleChanged handler wasn't called when the object was first created.
Clearly that used to happen - no idea what's different now, but hey, that's
something that I feel like I know how to fix, so there's yet another new
package available:

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.3.194-arm.apk

For the rest of this email, I'm copying back parts of an earlier email in the thread, to
get back to the list of issues I had already created :-)

The good news is that most of them are gone...

> On Apr 1, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> a) the profiles aren't drawn (empty boxes)
>
> Still true. Do you see profiles on your Android build? Or did you just
> test on a Linux computer, not a device?

I occasionally get a profile, but that is mis-scaled, but most of the time I see
no profile. That's of course a show stopper... and it worked prior to the port
to Kirigami 2

The Cloud Credentials page now seems to work as it is supposed to.
Thanks for your help fixing that!

> f) with Kirigami-1, when the user tapped on the menu item in the lower
> left corner, the drawer would become visible; with Kirigami-2 it seems
> that one has to slightly drag the hamburger icon to the right for it to
> open. That's a somewhat unfortunate and very user visible change that I
> wish we could undo...

That's still true, and still bothering me... it just doesn't seem intuitive
that the user would have to drag on that handle, instead of just tapping
on (what looks like) a button.

> g) random odd things in the logcat:
>
> 04-01 19:18:52.117 17025 17042 W Subsurface: qrc:/ScrollablePage.qml:151 ((null)): qrc:/ScrollablePage.qml:151: Error: Cannot assign to non-existent property "parent"

That one is gone (and it appears that's what caused the scrolling problem,
so good thing I reported it, I guess)

> [...]
> 04-01 19:18:55.307 17025 17042 W Subsurface: qrc:/templates/ApplicationHeader.qml:123 ((null)): qrc:/templates/ApplicationHeader.qml:123: TypeError: Cannot read property of null

This one I still see.

I love that we are making progress!