error when saving information on the cloud

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Apr 10 03:08:56 PDT 2017

On 10 April, 2017 - Davide DB wrote:

> An update:
>
> After being able to upload my logbook in the cloud using a PC with a plain
> internet connection, this morning I tried again to use the Subsurface
> installed on a pc behind a firewall.
> After starting Subsurface I used File > Open cloud storage and I get this:
>
> git_remote_repo: accessing
> https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com
> git storage: 0 % ( start git interaction )
> git storage: create_local_repo
> Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
> Checking cloud connection...
> git storage: 0 % ( waited 1 sec for cloud connetion )
> Cloud storage: successfully checked connection to cloud server
> git storage: 0 % ( successfully checked cloud connection )
> git storage: calling git_clone()
> set proxy to " .... INFO REMOVED"
> git storage: returned from git_clone() with error -1
> No GeoNode object leak!
> Set the current dive site: 0
> No GeoNode object leak!
>
> Hence I guess that for some strange reason GIT is not working behind my
> proxy.

Could you try to clone your "cloud storage" with another git client?

Ex: https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/

url: https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com
user: dbdavide at gmail.com
pass: <your password to cloud storage>

That could verify if its your proxy that breaks things, or if its in our
software chain. You should get a tree looking something like:
File: 00-Subsurface
File: 01-Divesites/
..
Dir: 2016/