QtLocation map updates

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Aug 1 13:52:53 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I seriously doubt that. It's just something that no one has brought to their
> attention. ESRI is very proud of the quality of their maps - I'm quite
> certain that they will fix this once they realize the problem.

Do you seriously think they have "quality maps" if we find problems
like this in a couple of *days* with just a small handful of users?

To me that just absolutely screams "major quality issues".

I hope you're right, but I think you're being very optimistic. Maybe
we just _happened_ to find one very odd and unusual case.

Or maybe their open maps really just aren't very good.

I guess we'll know soon enough, when we see what their reaction is to
bug reports, assuming somebody finds some way to get any reaction from
them.

                  Linus