subsurface crash when merging .xml files

Alessandro Volpi volpial at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:41:10 PST 2017

Being credited of having done something good is always a form of reward.
Receiving such a credit from Linus Torvalds is more than this. It is a
GREAT HONOR !

I will surely keep on testing the new builds of subsurface, since I am
interested in such a development; to be more precise I am fed up with
proprietary dive log software. I want to be free to test and buy new dive
computers, without being forced to maintain more than a single dive log.
Since I restarted my diving activity in 1998, after a 20 year pause, I have
always been relying on UWATEC devices and on proprietary UWATEC software
for logging my dives. I am now considering to switch to a computer with
better readability, such as the Shearwater Petrel 2 .
I would also like to get rid of the Windows XP Virtual Machine I am now
using for running SmartTrak.

Best regards.

Alessandro