still Beta 2

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sat Jan 7 02:36:18 PST 2017

Hello Dirk,

maybe the best thing you can do quickly was sending this mail ;-)
But how many users do really read the mailing list?

Where I see some room for improvement is the Subsurface homepage. The
"News" section is currently only updated in the English version. Many
other languages don't even have a real "News" section but this is called
differently like "Unkategorisiert" in the German version and it's not up
to date. What one could do as a quick change is to link the English
"News" section from every language version.

Then maybe also mention the availability of beta version and also of
daily builds in the "Download" section (for every language!) or maybe
even under "Home".

In the future would it be possible to use two different update channels
(release, beta) like Mozilla is doing for Firefox and Thunderbird?

BTW: I'm running 4.6 beta 2 on Windows and just a few minutes ago
imported my last dive from Lake Konstanz from yesterday! ;-)

Best regard
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs