Subsurface BT test with OSTC

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 8 09:10:05 PST 2017

> On Jan 8, 2017, at 12:28 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The more testing we get before release, the better. Even a small
> variation in steps one does might reveal a bug. (Especially the
> developers tend to do things always the same way, as they know the
> software too well :D)

That's precisely the problem. Also, multiple platforms / OSs.
We now have one positive report for an Petrel on Fedora. I don't know if
this was with the AppImage or a Fedora build from OBS or something
the tester built themselves (stupidly forgot to ask).
What about other dive computers?
What about other Linux flavors, especially with the AppImage?
What about Mac and Windows.

Testing is actually really hard and most developers massively
under-estimate the complexity and effort that it takes to test something
like Subsurface well.