Windows build successful - Findings

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sun Jan 29 22:47:38 PST 2017

Am 30.01.2017 um 00:13 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 09:36:49AM +1100, Rick Walsh wrote:
>> On 29 January 2017 at 07:41, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dirk, hi Lubomir, hi All,
>>> finally managed to run a successful MXE based windows build!!!
>>>
>>> I would like to share my experience with you and also propose a few minor
>>> changes mainly to comments in mxe-based-build.sh which could maybe make
>>> life easier for other inexperienced users like me. Maybe I even submit a
>>> pull request with the changes if I learn how to do it... :-)
>>>

>> Well done and thank you for taking my somewhat cheeky suggestion that you
>> send a patch seriously.  It's even better you've managed to build on
>> Windows.  As Dirk is happy to remind everybody, the vast majority of
>> Subsurface users are on Windows, but but Lubomir is the only one that uses
>> Windows to contribute frequently.
> Actually, I think Stefan is building in a Ubuntu VM - please correct me if
> I'm wrong, Stefan... (of course it's past midnight in Germany...)
Correct. Windows 10 + Virtual Box + Ubuntu 16.04 LTS + a poor old very
low performance machine.
I'm spending all my money in diving equipment so no money for faster HW ;-)

But where Rick is right: I'm only interested in the resulting windows
build and I will mainly (only) test this.

BTW: @Dirk: Your last hint about how to update the pull request - for
the moment too less info for an inexperienced guy like me. I will look
at this on Wednesday again and try to learn this as well...

MfG
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs