latest Windows binary crashes

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Jul 4 14:24:33 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 09:26:37 PDT Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Qt 6.0 will be discussed at the Contributor Summit this year in Berlin.
> > The
> > current idea is that 5.12 will be LTS and then 6.0. That would put 6.0
> > about two years away from now.
>
> Interesting. Will 6.0 once again be incompatible as the major version bump
> implies? What will change?

Yes, the idea is to make a binary compatibility break, fix a couple of things
accummulated over the 5.x lifetime, but almost no source compatibility
changes. The big discussions we're having are all under the hood, such as
whether the Qt containers should copy-on-write or copy-on-copy.

> So 5.212 is just QWebKit that I build against an existing Qt build?

Yep.

> Of course, I will still have to build from source for Linux and Android, it
> seems, as in both cases 5.9.1 is missing BLE patches from Alex that we
> need...

Yeah, there are a handful of patches by him that missed the 5.9.1 branching.
5.9.2 should come soon after the Summer break, when the Finns come back from
their 4-week-long vacations.