Android beta...

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:56:36 PDT 2017

On 7 Jul. 2017 7:30 am, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

On Jul 6, 2017, at 12:04 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobi
le-4.6.4.350-arm.apk

With one patch added on top of Qt 5.9.1 for Android I can now successfully
download from a Suunto EON Steel, a Shearwater Petrel but most importantly
from a Shearwater Perdix AI. I also have several reports that the Scubapro
G2 appears to work.

I think this release will make a lot of people happy.

I hope so.

I justed tested downloading from my Petrel 2 to Galaxy s7 with the .350
binary. Paired devices shows both the LE and non-LE address. Download with
the non-LE address selected works :). So does download when selected as
Shearwater->Petrel 2 (or Petrel), which is also non-LE.

Good.

So long as LE works for the LE-only devices, it doesn't matter that it
doesn't work with a Petrel 2.

Have you tried this with .350? Do you see two different versions of the
same device under the Paired Devices vendor? I had hoped that LE for the
Petrel 2 would now work...

Yes, that was testing with your .350 binary. Two versions of the address
are shown as paired now, but the download fails using the LE address. I
don't have a logcat dump but I've attached a screenshot of the app log.

Why does it matter? iOS doesn't support BT, just BLE. Admittedly, I haven't
tried to build that and get BLE working there at all, but I want to make
sure we don't lose this out of sight.