Android beta... - FTDI download

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Mon Jul 10 05:15:32 PDT 2017

On Montag, 10. Juli 2017 00:04:13 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Correct analysis. I'm about NN minutes away from an update that provides
> much better debug information. I hope NN < 30 - but I have learned not to
> make such promises.
>
> /D

Ok, here is some progress:
The problem was SELinux not allowing access to the DC. At least on my phone/OS
(Galaxy S5, LineageOS 14.1, phone not rooted), it was quite easy to circumvent
this by setting SELinux into permissive mode:
in Settings/Developer options on the phone:
enable root access via adb

Then in a terminal on your PC
dm at xx:~> adb root
dm at xx:~> adb shell
klte:/ # setenforce 0
klte:/ #
Now Download via FTDI works really nicely. At least until the next reboot will
set SELinux back to strict....

Not sure if this works on other phone/OS combinations.
If I find more time, I will try to learn more about SELinux.

Dietrich