OT: Recall of Suunto Tank Pod & Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:48:57 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> wrote:
> On 07/10/2017 02:00 PM, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>>
>> As several of us here are using Suunto's and specifically EON Steel's,
>> they are recalling all Tank Pods/WirelessTransmitters.
>

> Thanks for this information!
>
> Given that the dealer that I bought my transmitter at did not
> bother to inform me, I've sent my transmitter to Suunto
> directly.

I received an email from Suunto about the recall 2 days ago and today
my diveshop had not received repair kits or any info about what to do.
That makes one wonder, why alert all customers before informing
servicing companies...

> Probably a little off-topic for this mailing list (sorry for that),
> but I would be interested if anyone can contribute prior experience
> on how long it will take Suunto to return the transmitter (I'm
> scheduled for another diving holiday at the end of August)...

Based on my previous experience, this should be plenty of time.
However, they might have quite a bit longer work queue now with the
recall being effective.

miika