QtLocation map updates

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:20:34 PDT 2017

On 28 July 2017 at 22:56, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Jul 28, 2017, at 8:13 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jul 28, 2017, at 6:46 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> done with the changes and rebased the PR.
>>> i also fixed some commit message typos.
>>
>> Thanks. I played with this here and really like what I'm seeing.
>> I think we need to stop showing the labels earlier - but maybe that's
>> because I have way too many dive locations in Palau in my dive log :-)
>>
>> Next I need to change things so we build with the new code by default
>> because all the test builds I just did still use Marble - and that's not
>> what we want to test... I'll try to clean that up and announce the actual
>> test builds when that works.
>
> I have changes that make the build.sh cleaner and make us indeed
> build without Marble. But I'm struggling with packaging this... I remember
> the pain of getting Subsurface-mobile to play nicely on the Mac... this
> is fundamentally the same problem. We don't bundle the qml modules
>
> I'm still working on that, but as usual time is a problem for me here.

packaging Qt apps for Windows from my experience is just trial, error,
pain and misleading messages.
Qt + QML is even more of that.

attached is something that may help you out.
it's the directory structure of a working Qt + QML application that i've made.

Qt provides some tools called macdeployqt or windeployqt, but those
don't cover the QML plugins, AFAIK.

lubomir