QtLocation map updates

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 11:02:00 PDT 2017

On 30 July 2017 at 20:34, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here is some progress for the transition to QtLocation based map.
>
> Hello,
>
> according to my 2 minute testing, this look quite promising. I spotted
> one bug when zooming. See following screencast of the issue (available
> only for 2 days for download, then automatically deleted)
>
> https://expirebox.com/download/b21b9931be2478ee1557f7a217f90594.html
>
> At certain zoom level the locations jump a bit of the correct
> position. The two location markers at south-west side of the island
> jump to the shore of the bigger island on west, and Babylon and Blue
> House sites end up being sand digging.

ha!

to me it looks like on some of the zoom levels the tiles are wrong
(i.e. dives jumping to the bigger island).
sadly, it's out of my control as we don't have an API to magically fix
this. the only thing we can do is report a bug...
...and perhaps start thinking about a google maps provider.

tomaz, suggested a plugin for this, but it introduces more
dependencies and third party code not maintained by Qt.

lubomir