Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Jun 20 23:30:34 PDT 2017

On 21/06/2017 07:45, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>> 5) Whatever layout and colour scheme we change to, I think one should keep
>> in mind that one day we will be able to collapse the trips so that only trip
>> headers will be visible onscreen. We need a layout now that will not need
>> any re-design when we reach that stage.
> I hope we'll find a good implementation that allows us to bring folding
> trips back. And I think the current design would work for that.
>
> /D

If collapsing a trip becomes possible, it would probably be necessary to
add information for the month and year of that trip. Else one would need
to open the trip to see the date. Also the separation between trip
headers would be important, possibly a thin horizontal white line?

Kind regards,

willem