Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 22 02:32:28 PDT 2017

> On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:57 AM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yet another new build is up. This one brings you
> a) three color schemes. Blue (default), pink (for Linus), and dark (still
> not perfect)
>
> It might sound trivial, but I like the choice. And having the option to switch colour schemes is great for testing and comparing schemes, without having to rebuild the apk. I'm not sure about it as default, but I do like the pink. The contrast is good and it's nice and cheery.

This is one of those really odd things where something that seems off and goofy
actually helped understand much better how to set up the colors and how to get
even the first one right. I will have to move this into some form of settings page
eventually, but it's definitely something I'll keep around.

> b) pull down the dive list to refresh / sync with the cloud server
>
> That is a great improvement. I actually stayed up last night and tried to work out how it could be done. But it doesn't quite work for me. The list doesn't bounce back up on release. Then if you try again, it gets dragged down further. See my screenshot (with 4.6.4.248).

Hmm - again, I'm just using a default feature here (look at how trivial the change
is. So the question is "are we finding a bug in Qt" or "is there some other setting
that we need". I tested it a few times and while I can't get it to work at all on the
desktop, on the device it seemed to work rather reliably for me.

Can you look at the Developer->AppLog and tell us what you see there? It
should report that it detected the refresh and when it is done... and I wonder
if it tells us anything differently the second time... or if maybe it never gets
done?