Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 00:25:39 PDT 2017

On 28 June 2017 at 17:19, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> In the meantime, I'd love to hear success stories of people able to
> download from the dive computers on their phone or tablet.

I just tested the 300 binary.  I downloaded dives successfully from my
Petrel 2 to my Galaxy S7.  I like how the dive computer can be selected by
manufacturer and model, or by "paired device".  Both ways worked.  This
appears to be using regular BT.

Next I built the desktop version with build.sh, which pulled the latest
libdivecomputer (Subsurface branch) and built correctly.  I was hoping to
test download with BLE, but I wasn't able to download dives at all, either
with or without the LE: prefix.

INFO: FTDI disabled
qt.bluetooth.bluez: No settings found for peer device.
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
[5.092506] ERROR: Failed to open the serial port. [in
../../src/shearwater_common.c:46 (shearwater_common_open)]
INFO: dc_deveice_open error value of -6
INFO: FTDI disabled
qt.bluetooth.bluez: No settings found for peer device.
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: f
[5.091511] ERROR: Failed to open the serial port. [in
../../src/shearwater_common.c:46 (shearwater_common_open)]
INFO: dc_deveice_open error value of -6

Downloading to the same laptop worked last time I tried, which was a few
weeks ago.

Cheers,

Rick