Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 29 08:57:14 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 08:23:24AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Did you remember that you need a hacked Qt version for that? Linus posted
> > about this a while ago.
> > Qt 5.9 (and even 5.9.1) don't do the right thing here with BLE. So BT works,
> > but BLE doesn't.
>
> Actually, 5.9.x should work with most BLE devices. It's just that the
> Suunto EON Steel in particular wants to see the server side GATT
> attributes too, and is surprised and refuses to speak to you when it
> doesn't.

Ah, I thought that all of them needed the patches.

> I don't think the Petrel 2 should have that problem - but I do suspect
> you need to have at _least_ Qt-5.8.
>
> And 5.9.1 is preferable, since that does fix a few other annoyances already.

I finally have a system where I run Linux on the hardware and have a
working BT adapter. So I will be testing this today or tomorrow as well.

And then, of course, I need to look into the Mac. I had hoped that someone
else would get annoyed with neither you nor me caring about Mac, but that
didn't happen :-/